Arugula and beetroot salad with a maple balsamic vinaigrette
Preparation - 1h45
Serves 6 to 8
- 500 ml (2 cups) of rockets
- 3 large beets
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) balsamic maple vinaigrette
- 250 ml (1 cup) crumbled goat cheese
- Pecan nuts and dried cranberries
- Pepper and Flower & Salt Favuzzi
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Clean beets with a brush and wrap in foil.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for approximately 90 minutes, until very tender (prick with a fork).
- Leave to cool until they can be handled comfortably.
- Remove from foil, peel with a peeling or vegetable knife and cut into wedges.
- Put arugula in a large serving bowl and dress with maple balsamic vinaigrette to taste.
- Before serving, garnish salad with beetroot wedges, pecans, cranberries and crumbled goat cheese.