Preparation - 1 he
Serves 4 to 6
- 250 ml (1 cup) Principato di Lucedio Venus black rice
- 500 g red beets, without the leaves (4 medium leaves)
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped walnuts
- 100 g (4 oz) feta
- 100 g (5 oz) arugula
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) Planeta olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Favuzzi divine balsamic vinegar
- Fleur de sel and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Clean beets with a brush and wrap with foil.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 90 minutes, until very tender (prick with a fork to check).
- Leave to cool until beets can be handled comfortably, then remove foil, skin beets with a peeling knife or a vegetable knife and cut them into dice.
- Cook rice in a generous amount of cold water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine rice and beets in a bowl. If salad is set aside until later, add arugula at serving time only ; it will keep better.
- Season with a flavorful oil and a dense balsamic vinegar with a pinch of fleur de sel.